Even the most experienced traveler experiences culture shock! And rarely in our travel preparations do we plan for culture shock. Most of the time we just hope for the best, relying on our wits, experience, and research to prepare us for our experience abroad.
Culture shock cannot be underestimated!
It is real! It is common! And it can be serious!
The best way to deal with culture shock is to expect it to happen and to have a plan for what you will do when it does.
As they say, the best defense is a good offense!
This Hub Chat will provide an introduction to culture shock, its symptoms, and strategies to effectively manage it. I’m going to share:
- A precise definition of the term “culture shock”
- Potential causes of culture shock
- How to develop resiliency
If you have been abroad, are planning to go abroad, or work with international students do not miss this Hub Chat. You will:
- Get invaluable information you need to make the most of your experience
- Share stories to support others in their journey
- Ask questions to get real solutions.
Join us Sunday, August 18th @ 1:00 PST; 2 pm MDT; 4 pm EDT; 9 pm BST
Please register for August Hub Chat Culture Shock on Aug 18, 2013 2:00 AM MDT at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Brought to you by GoToWebinar®
Webinars Made Easy®
- August 18, 2013 - August 22, 2013
8:32 am - 12:00 pm