No matter where you go, there is always someone who is out to steal your joy. Different thieves may be motivated by different things and use different tactics, but the result is the same. They target you to steal your joy, leaving you feeling frustrated, aggravated, angry, and even sad.
Mission accomplished! Joy stolen. It’s a tall order, but these thieves have to be defeated. Remember:
1. Don’t beat yourself up, it’s hard for them not to have impact so when they do, be honest about how it makes you feel.
2. Understand their motivation really isn’t about you, so you be cautious about making it personal -they’d steal anyone’s joy
3. Stand up for yourself! If there attempt to steal your joy crosses the line, be strong and take a stand (and remember to maintain your temper and integrity while doing it).
4. Surround yourself with people who value your joy, they’ll remind you of all things about yourself that bring you joy in the first place.
5. Kill them with resiliency! The ability to bounce back and not let them get to you is the best medicine for them and you.